Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The FRA law in sweden

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Christian
Spriter in training!
Spriter in training!
Christian

Number of posts : 38
My thoughts : What ?
Registration date : 2008-06-09

The FRA law in sweden Empty
PostSubject: The FRA law in sweden   The FRA law in sweden Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:23 am

Quote :

Swedish lawmakers voted late on Wednesday in favour of a controversial bill allowing all emails and phone calls to be monitored in the name of national security.

The vote, one of the most divisive in Sweden in recent years, had initially been scheduled for early Wednesday but was postponed after more than one-third of MPs voted to send the bill back to parliament's defence committee "for further preparation."

After the committee required that the centre-right government safeguard individual rights further in an annex to the law to be voted on in the autumn, the bill narrowly passed with 143 votes in favour, 138 opposed and one parliamentarian abstaining.

Critics have slammed the proposal as an attack on civil liberties that would create a "big brother" state, while supporters say it is necessary to protect the country from foreign threats.

The new law, set to take effect on January 1st, 2009, will enable the National Defence Radio Establishment (FRA) -- a civilian agency despite its name -- to tap all cross-border Internet and telephone communication.

so im going to be watched! YAY democracy!

for more info http://www.thelocal.se/12534.html
Back to top Go down
snowy
Spriter in training!
Spriter in training!
snowy

Number of posts : 40
My thoughts : I miss this place
Mood : The FRA law in sweden Ninja_10
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The FRA law in sweden   The FRA law in sweden Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 11:11 am

My friend Fuzz was freaking out about that...
'Nuuuh! Old men are reading my messages!"
Back to top Go down
Christian
Spriter in training!
Spriter in training!
Christian

Number of posts : 38
My thoughts : What ?
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: The FRA law in sweden   The FRA law in sweden Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:33 pm

They took our integrity away..Buy HEY its for good cause! we can finally get rid of those nasty terrorists.. *cough* Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The FRA law in sweden   The FRA law in sweden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The FRA law in sweden
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion! :: All discussion, (Random!)-
Jump to: